Sunday, February 11, 2007

National Watercolor Society



This photo was taken about 10 years ago when both my friend, Jeannie Grisham, and I had paintings accepted into the National Watercolor Society annual juried show in Southern California. The show usually attracts around 1,000 entries and that year only accepted about 70 of them. I have to admit that being included in this show, and being accepted as a Signature member of the group was entirely unexpected but totally thrilling - a highlight of my life for sure. It was a turning point in my career as it gave my work nationaal visibility and credibility.

Here's a photo of the painting that was exhibited in the show. It doesn't look like a traditional watercolor does it? Thanks so much to NWS and their jurors for being willing to go outside the box for their paintings.

No comments: